Chris Ludwig has been obsessed with the guitar since the tender young age of eight years. Growing up in a family in which music was an important component of daily life, Chris was exposed to a wide range of styles & forms from an early age. Thankfully, his parents thought that learning to play an instrument was an important part of a well-rounded education & arranged for him to tag along with his big sister to her weekly private piano lessons to help foster a love of playing. Discovering that the piano was not a good fit, he pleaded with his parents to get him a guitar & his parents relented & bought him a finely crafted Silvertone guitar & amp combo from the world reknown musical supply house: Sears & Roebuck!
Thus another guitarist was born.
Fast forward about forty years: Chris has played in a wide range of musical projects throughout most of his life mainly in the Chicago area but for a brief period of time in the early 80’s out in the Los Angeles basin area. Some of the more memorable musical projects include:
• Mid 1980’s: The band that became Uncle Fester (actually Chris was involved prior to the naming of the project but left to pursue other opportunities after which the band solidified & is still gigging!)
• Mid 1980’s: Saw Boss (5 piece blues & early rock band)
• 1990’s: The Sicks (six piece alternative rock & 80’s rock band)
• Late 1990’s: Ledo road (Blues/rock band)
• 2000’s: Joe Batters Band (good time party rock & roll band)
• 2008-2011: The RSVP Band (top forty pop/rock)
Primarily a blues/rock player Chris’ passion for the instrument keeps him pushing to improve through continued studies with his long time teacher Mr. Frank Rumoro of Rumoro guitar academy located in the Fine Arts Building in downtown Chicago. Fluent in many styles & situations Chris’ passionate playing brings an emotional connection to the projects that he becomes involved in & the audiences that he is fortunate enough to have the privilege to entertain.
Chris is married to Julie, his wife of 25 years & they live with their two children in Lisle, IL.
You are visitor number: 1043